Nagarabhavi: Nagarabhavi - It's Meaning and Local Facts
- Introduction
- Origin of the Name
- 80 Feet Road
- Veg Restaurants
- Nearby Places, Colleges & Schools
- Coworking Spaces
- QSRs in Nagarabhavi
- Places of Interest
Introduction
Nagarabhavi astonished me when I first visited it in 2022. The locality was good, spacious and cleaner than other parts of Bangalore. Also, it had a lesser number of outsiders and more number of locals. I loved the place for its vibe.
Origin of the Name
After some research I realized that the name Nagarabhavi comes from 2 words: Naaga and Bhaavi. Naaga means Cobra or Snake and Bhavi means a Well. Maybe in old days Nagarabhavi would have had lots of snakes and hence the name Naagarabhavi.
80 Feet Road
I visited the 80 Feet Road and realised that there are 3 bars in close proximity i.e., Cycle Gap, Stories and Sky Lark.
Update as of 2026: Now there are 2 new bars: Skyro near Stories and Shelby near McDonald's.
Veg Restaurants
There are two main vegetarian restaurants namely Nammora Thindi (more popular) and Nammane Upachara. I like the names of both these.
Nammoora Thindi means:
- Namma - Mine / Ours
- Ooru - Village
- Thindi - Food
Which when combined becomes - The food of our village.
Similarly Nammane Upachara means: My home's treatment.
- Namma - Mine / Ours
- Mane - House / Home
- Upachara - Treatment
Nearby Places, Colleges & Schools
There is a nearby place named as Mallathalli or Mallathahalli which also has a Homoeopathic College.
A popular college named Ambedkar College is also there near Kengunte Circle.
There are 2 post offices in Nagarabhavi.
Also there are 2 popular schools here namely Bachpan Play School and Aryan Presidency School.
Coworking Spaces
There are two coworking spaces named Excel Co-works here. One is located at the Service Road of Rajkumar Road and another on the 80 Feet Road above McDonald's.
QSRs in Nagarabhavi
There is a McDonald's located at 80 Feet Main Road Nagarabhavi and one Domino's located in Papareddy Palya.
Places of Interest in Nagarabhavi
Personally I love the Zen Park, popularly known as Buddha Park located in Nagarbhavi for its location, serenity, sculptures and Japanese theme.
I read a post about Nagarabhavi being an underrated place in Bangalore and trust me the redittors wanted it to be an underrated place to protect it's charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment