How I explored Mysuru Between 2015 and 2022
How I explored Mysuru Between 2015–2022
From 2015 to 2019 I worked for an Online Travel Startup for Mysore location. My job role and responsibilities were to handle a portfolio of hotels and also add more to the network.
I used to wander in the streets of Mysuru about which I will tell about below.
Table of Contents
- Ashoka Road Mysuru
- Harsha Road Mysuru
- VV Puram and Gokulam
- Kuvempunagara
- Jyothi Nagar and Sathagalli Layout
- Agrahara
- Nazarabad
- Chamundipuram
- Vishwamanava Road
Ashoka Road Mysuru
At first I reached Hotel Aavass Inn Paradise located in Ashoka Road and met the receptionist.
Harsha Road Mysuru
I then explored some hotels near Harsha Road, the road close to Mysuru Palace. It had many hotels through the stretch of about 400 m.
VV Puram and Gokulam
Then I explored the Vontikoppal Temple and the hotels nearby. I also realised that Gokulam was one of the most expensive localities as it had residences of retired doctors and teachers. Gokulam was also known as the Yoga Hub of Mysuru.
Kuvempunagara
I then explored a hotel which was newly built known as Nityotsava Residency which has 18 rooms and a party area on the top with Chamundi Hill View.
Jyothi Nagar and Sathagalli Layout
While passing by these areas I used to look at the government quarters of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Mysuru Staff and PWD. There used to be a small place named as Triveni Circle where there were some restaurants and eateries and it was a decent place to hangout especially in the evenings.
Agrahara
This was popular as the old and real Mysuru and it indeed has some very old buildings and one Anjaneya Temple near some medical college close to the MG Road of Mysuru.
Nazarabad
Nazarabad used to be very close to my heart because my friend used to run a homestay named Mauve Orchid there. The property used to be too peaceful and calm as it was located behind the Nazarabad Main Road. I also used to have the famous Mysore Mylari Dosa there.
Chamundipuram
Chamundipuram used to be the way to go to the Chamundi Hill. Whenever you want to see the aerial view of Mysuru, there is no better and affordable option than visiting the Chamundi Hill.
Vishwamanava Road
Vishwamanava Road used to be located far off in Mysore as we used to feel those days but as new homes kept getting developed, even Vishwamanava Road felt like within the city limits.
I have explored so many places in Mysuru and these were a few of them. Hope you liked them.
Comments
Post a Comment